Student Center

Student Center

Academic Policies
Tuition and Fees

Who can apply

East China Normal University welcomes undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world to apply for ECNU AISP. Students must meet the following requirements before applying:

  • 1. Students must be approved by their home universities before applying for ECNU AISP;
  • 2. Students from non-English speaking countries should provide an English language proficiency certificate when applying. Either an IELTS (with an overall band of no less than 6.5 and each component of no less than 6.0), TOEFL (no less than 93 points). If you are studying in an all-English-taught program, you must provide relevant certificates;
  • 3. Other prerequisites might be required by each course.
Application Procedure:
  • 1. Register, A notification email will be sent to your email address provided.
  • 2. Log in, provide your information and submit.
  • 3. Choose between Online Program or In-Person Program.
  • 4. Choose accommodation, if needed.
  • 5. Complete payment and upload payment proof.
  • 6. The ECNU AISP Office will authorize you to select courses upon receiving your payment proof within seven working days.
  • *Notes: Students should pay full tuition and accommodation fees at least one month before the beginning of the program.
Visa Application

For non-Chinese students, ECNU AISP will provide students with JW 202 and admission notice. Applicants should bring the visa paperwork, admission notice, JW 202 form, and a valid passport to the local Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for a short-term student visa (usually the visa type “X2”). Students from visa-waiver-country shall also hold a valid student visa (X2 type visa) for entry. Those who are already in China need to submit a copy of the visa page, residence registration notice, and all of the above application documents to the Public Security Bureau in Shanghai after registering at ECNU AISP.

The JW 202 form and the admission notice will be sent to non-Chinese applicant via an international courier.

*If you are a student from Hong Kong, Macao, or Taiwan, you do not need the JW202 form.